Basel III regulations have brought the area of 'Intraday Liquidity Management' into greater focus. Intellect's BCBS 248 Bank Liquidity Management component enables Treasurers, CROs, CFOs and Funding Managers to monitor but also to manage bank liquidity on an intraday basis across all Nostro accounts and currencies, via a series of sophisticated 360 degree view visualizations dashboards. This system will be able to accurately project liquidity squeezes and surpluses enabling decision makers to effectively manage liquidity across the organization.
Salient Features of the BCBS 248 Intraday Liquidity Management module are:
- Intraday Liquidity Dashboard: Intraday Liquidity Dashboard provides a 360 degree view of the Risk Landscape across major currencies.
- Cash Management Module: The Cash Management Module monitors and manages bank liquidity on an intraday basis across Nostro accounts and currencies. It also updates and builds the projected and actual liquidity curves.
- Reconciliation: The Reconciliation Module uses SWIFT and other message types to reconcile cash and security type transactions.
- Limit Management: The Limit Management Module interfaces and accesses Lines of Credit across various funding sources.
- Collateral Management: The Collateral Management module accesses the Collateral system to obtain and update any pledged collaterals as a funding source.
- Funding Brain: The Funding Brain module interfaces with the limit management and collateral management systems and provides the funding manager with the most cost effective funding options.
- Light Payment Control: The Light Payment Control manages payment throttling and scheduling to ensure proper time release of payments.
Business Benefits offered by the BCBS 248 Intraday Liquidity Management module are:
- Helps to determine the probability of settlement failure and potential loss resulting from incorrect positioning of currency balances.
- Early detection and resolution of intraday shortfalls to enable appropriate funding decisions to meet potential shortfall situations.
- Mitigates Operational Risk by automating the Control, Reconciliation and Exception Management processes.